- What is the purpose of this site? The purpose of this website is for serious music students and musical fans to be able to sing their favorite songs, in the
privacy of their own homes, for practice or simple enjoyment. As is stated at the bottom of every page, this music is
meant for educational use, and there is no performance license implied with any of the files on my pages.
- Do you get paid for maintaining this site? No, I am not compensated in any way for maintaining these web pages. I receive no money, no payment from sponsors, and
no kickbacks of any kind from anyone.
- Can I put these music files on CD? No, the music files on these pages may not be saved to CD. They are in MIDI format, which cannot be put onto a CD.
Please respect the fight for internet free speech and do not abuse the files on these pages. If you need to purchase a recording, I suggest searching at http://www.ColonyMusic.com.
- What's the difference between a .kar file and a MIDI? A MIDI file is a low-tech, low-memory way of storing sound (that is why it cannot be put onto CD). A karaoke file (or
.kar) is simply a MIDI file with the song lyrics attached. You need a MIDI karaoke player program to be able to see
the lyrics. To find one, see the answer to question 5.
- Where can I get a MIDI karaoke player? There are many excellent freeware and shareware MIDI karaoke players out there. For a good, comprehensive resource with lots of choices, go to http://www.geocities.com/sing_along_karaoke/album1.html.
- How can I make my own MIDI files? I make my MIDI files using a fairly simple computer music program called NoteWorthy Composer. It was relatively inexpensive
and has most of the features the casual music hobbyist needs. You can download a shareware evaluation copy at http://www.noteworthycomposer.com.
- Why do some of the pages look weird and have broken links? I am in the process of revising and editing all the pages connected with this site to give them a new look. This is
a very time-consuming process, so please be patient and remember that I do this in my spare time.
- I'd really like to have a specific song. Can you send me the lyrics or music file? I can sometimes respond to individual requests for songs or lyrics, but this there is no guarantee that I will have the song or have the time to sequence it. However, I do eventually
respond to all e-mails, so please feel free to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.